Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Meat Loaf - 2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad

Baby we can talk all night 
But that aint getting us nowhere 
I've told you everything I possibly can 
There's nothing left inside of here 

And maybe you can cry all night 
But that'll never change the way that I feel 
The snow is really piling up outside 
I wish you wouldn’t make me leave here 

I poured it on and I poured it out 
I tried to show you just how much I care 
I'm tired of words and I'm too hoarse to shout 
But you’ve been cold to me so long
I'm crying icicles instead of tears 
And all I can do 
Is keep on telling you
I want you I need you 
But there ain’t no way I'm ever gonna love you 
Now don’t be sad cause 2 out of 3 ain’t bad 

You'll never find your gold on a sandy beach 
You'll never drill for oil on a city street 
I know you're looking for a ruby in a mountain of rocks 
But there ain’t no coup de ville hiding at the bottom of a cracker jack box 

I can’t lie 
I can’t tell you that I'm something I'm not 
No matter how I try 
I'll never be able to give you something 
Something that I just haven’t got 

Well there’s only one girl that I will ever love 
And that was so many years ago 
And though I know I'll never get her out of my heart 
She never loved me back, ooh I know
I remember how she left me on a stormy night
She kissed me and got out of our bed
And though I pleaded and I begged her not to walk out that door
She packed her bags and turned right away
And she kept on telling me
I want you I need you
But there ain’t no way I'm ever gonna love you
Now don’t be sad cause 2 out of 3 ain’t bad

Baby we can talk all night 
But that ain’t getting us nowhere

No comments: